Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chopping My Locks!

For a very long time now, I have been planning on growing my hair long to donate. Three Christmas Eve's ago, I made a pact with my fiance's little cousin to donate our hair together. She was 7. Her hair was long enough to donate about for months after that. Mine, um, was not. Then September came around and I became engaged and for the next year and a half, I wistfully imagined my hair long, wavy and California-y beach-like for our wedding. Cutting it was O-U-T of the question. March 31st, Wedding Day, came around and while I didn't have the long, wavy, California-y beach-like, I was still glad I had kept it long.
Two weeks after we tied the knot, chopping day happened. It was yesterday! My cousin Mary Beth
www.blushlooks.com does my hair and I am IN LOVE and SO HAPPY with the cut! More importantly, I did it for a great cause. The site I went through is called Children With Hair Loss www.childrenwithhairloss.us/ The organization provides assistance to children, with any type of medically related hair loss, in the form of hair replacement. Services and products are provided at no cost to the child and the organization offers hair replacement once a year for the children who need it, until the age of 21! Here is Mary Beth's work:

No comments:

Post a Comment